In 2005 JSC Irkutskenergo realized the project of interconnection of Novo-Irkutsk Thermal Power Station, Thermal Power Station-5 of Shelekhov city and Irkutsk Thermal Network (ITN) into a unified thermal center. As a result of realization of the interconnection project, Novo-Irkutsk Thermal Power Station was enlarged due to creation of Shelekhov Segment of the Thermal Network. Now Novo-Irkutsk Thermal Power Station represents a powerful energy facility including 11 sources of the centralized heat supply of Irkutsk and Shelekhov cities, as well as 232 kilometers of Irkutsk grid with pump stations and thermal units.
The total amount of the personnel of Novo-Irkutsk Thermal Power Station equals 1026 people.
Novo-Irkutsk Thermal Power Station
Novo-Irkutsk Thermal Power Station is the basic heating source of the Irkutsk centralized heat supply system; it participates in covering of electric loadings of the power supply system of Siberia. The thermal power station was designed for burning of the Eastern Siberia brown coal.
During the construction and stretching, several prototype models of the power equipment were installed in the station:
- BKZ-500-140-1 boiler, station 5, is a prototype model among bent-tube boilers, where technical decisions on creation of boilers of powerful energy stations of Siberia for burning brown coal were worked out; it was put into operation in 1985;
- BKZ-820-140-1 boiler, station 8, the largest and the unique bent-tube ringed furnace boiler in Russia for burning brown coal; it was put in service in 2003;
- T-175/210-130 steam turbine of station 3, the first unit among powerful energy and heat units developed by power mechanical engineers of the country; it was put into operation in 1979.
Now 8 power boiler units are installed in the power station; total productivity is 4000 t/hr and 5 power and heat turbine units.
- Installed electric capacity equals 655 MW.
- Installed thermal capacity equals 1850.4 Gcal/h.
The station has the prospects of expansion and increase in electric and thermal capacity.
The station staff (average number for the second quarter of 2007) equals 525 people.
Shelekhov Segment of Novo-Irkutsk Thermal Power Station
The heating plant of the Shelekhov segment is the station of the average pressure, having the installed electric capacity of 18 MW, production of the electric power is carried out only on thermal consumption. The installed thermal capacity of the heating plant is 440 Gcal/h; besides, the structure of the station includes an electric boiler compartment with the installed thermal capacity of 86 Gcal/h. There are 7 steam boiler units at the station with the total productivity of 525 t/h, and 3 power and heat turbines with backpressure of 6 MW capacity each.
The station of Shelekhov Segment of Novo-Irkutsk Thermal Power Station is a unique source of the centralized heat supply of Shelekhov, which provides industrial enterprises and housing-and-municipal sector of the city with heat, hot water and technological steam.
The station staff (average number for the second quarter of 2007) equals 191 people.
Segment of Thermal Network of Novo-Irkutsk Thermal Power Station
The structure of the Segment of Thermal Network of Novo-Irkutsk Thermal Power Station includes:
- Regional boiler compartments: "Kirovskaya", "Sverdlovskaya"; total capacity is 290 GCal/h;
- Electric boiler compartments: "Lisikha", "Baikalskaya", "Releinaya", "Novo-Lenino", "Bytovaya", "Yuzhnaya", "Baikal". The total installed capacity of electric boiler compartment is 942.6 Gcal/h;
- Main and distribution thermal networks of 232 kilometers, including 100 km of rented ones;
- 8 booster stations.
The segment of the thermal network of Novo-Irkutsk Thermal Power Station provides reliable heat supply of Irkutsk districts, including: Sverdlovsky, Pravoberezhny, Oktyabrsky, and partially Leninskyi districts. Annual supply of the thermal energy from sources of JSC Irkutskenergo to Irkutsk equals nearby 6 million Gcal.
The staff of the Segment of the Thermal Network of Novo-Irkutsk Thermal Power Station equals 256 people (average number for the second quarter of 2007).