Appraisal of the personnel means estimation of efficiency of employees' activity as a result of achievement of aims.
In 2005, regulations for the personnel appraisal were approved. They replaced the procedure of official evaluation of experts and Company's heads.
Purposes of appraisal:
· Reception of the objective information on qualitative structure of the Company's personnel;
· Compliance of employees with the Company's requirements;
· Identification of needs for the personnel training (development);
· Use of data of estimation at working out of the personnel motivation system;
· Informing of the personnel on their skills conformity with requirements of the Company.
After the estimation results are received,
· Recommendations are taken on promotion to a higher position or overclassifying according to the labour legislation of the Russian Federation;
· Recommendations are taken on increase in the salary within the limits of the class (grade);
· Personnel reserve of the Company is formed;
· Plans of training are composed (plans of the personnel development);
· An employee is provided with information on the degree of his/her conformity with the Company's requirements.
The strategy used in the enterprise standard consists of 360º- estimation method and MBO method (Management By Objectives). МВО allows to estimate an employee's performance of target figures; method of 360 is directed to estimation of personal qualities (corporate competence), and official duties necessary for qualitative performance.