The history of Novo-Irkutsk Thermal Power Station begins on June 25, 1968. It is the date of the USSR Ministerial Council's approval of the detailed design of construction of Novo-Irkutsk Thermal Power Station of 520 MW capacity. Construction of Novo-Irkutsk Thermal Power Station began in 1969 under the project of the Siberian branch of VNIPIEnergoprom (State Siberian Scientific and Research, Project Designing Exploratory Institute.
Stages of construction:
- 1975 - putting into operation of boiler unit of st. 1 of type BKZ-420-140-3 and a turbine unit of st. 1 of type PT-60-130/13;
- 1976 - putting into operation of boiler unit of st. 2 of type BKZ-420-140-3 and a turbine unit of st. 2 of type PT-60-130/13;
- 1979 - putting into operation of boiler unit of st. 3 of type BKZ-420-140-6 and a turbine unit of st. 3 of type Т-175/210-130;
- 1980 – putting into operation of boiler unit of st. 4 of type BKZ-420-140-6;
- 1985 - putting into operation of boiler unit of st. 5 of type BKZ-500-140-1 and a turbine unit of st. 4 of type Т-175/210-130;
- 1986 - putting into operation of boiler unit of st. 6 of type BKZ-500-140-1;
- 1987 - putting into operation of boiler unit of st. 7 of type BKZ-500-140-1 and a turbine unit of st. 5 of type T-185/220-130;
- 2003 putting into industrial operation of boiler unit of st. 8 with ringed furnace of type BKZ-820-140-1.
Since April 20, 2005, according to the resolution of the Board of Directors of JSC Irkutskenergo and on the basis of Decree of General Director of JSC Irkutskenergo, the structure of Novo-Irkutsk Thermal Power Station was changed by its enlargement due to its interconnection with Irkutsk Thermal Network and Thermal Power Station-5.
Shelekhov Segment of Novo-Irkutsk Thermal Power Station (Thermal Power Stations-5)
Construction of the thermal power station of Shelekhov started in 1959. The station was created in the uniform system with Irkutsk Aluminum Plant and the city. In 1960 the thermal power station of the Irkutsk Aluminum Plant was transferred under the supervision of Irkutskenergo Regional Administration. Installation of the first stage of the station was finished and start-up of the first boiler unit was performed in the same year. From 1961 to 1997, the following facilities were put into service:
Seven boiler units of type BKZ-75-39 FB, productivity of each one is 75 t/h;
One turbine unit of type R-6-35/6, capacity equals 6 MW;
Two turbine units of type R-6-35/3, capacity of each one equals 6 MW;
Electric boiler compartment of 86 Gcal/h capacity in the structure of 10 water-heating boilers of type KEV 1000/10.
Since April 20, 2005, Thermal Power Station-5 ceased to be an independent company, and was joined to Novo-Irkutsk Thermal Power Station receiving the name of Shelekhov segment of Novo-Irkutsk Thermal Power Station.
Thermal Network Segment of Novo-Irkutsk Thermal Power Station (Irkutsk Thermal Network)
In 2005 Irkutsk Thermal Network celebrated 95 years old. Its history begins in 1910, the year of construction of small power station (now called "Kirovskaya"). Development of Irkutsk central heating began in 1950. These were years of housing construction, thus, new microdistricts appeared, which needed a plenty of thermal energy. Large-scale construction of thermal networks of the city began in 1954. In connection with translation of the station mainly to supplying of the city dwellers with heat, the name of the enterprise also changed - Irkutsk Central Electric Station was now called Irkutsk Thermal Power Station-2. In 1986 Irkutsk Thermal Power Station-2 ceased to develop electric energy in connection with dismantle of the worn-out generating equipment and its activity included only supply and distribution of thermal energy. Due to change of the company's activity, in 1988 the station received the new name of Irkutsk Thermal Network (ITN) (Decree of the Ministry for the Power Generation Industry of the USSR as of August 27, 1987 No. 443).
Since April 20, 2005, Irkutsk Thermal Network branch ceased to be an independent company and joined in Novo-Irkutsk Thermal Power Station as Thermal Network Segment of Novo-Irkutsk Thermal Power Station.