Irkutskenergo to celebrate the 60th anniversary of the launch of CHPP No. 1 in 2014
In November 1951, the first turbine of CHPP No. 1 in Angarsk with a capacity of 25 MW started to generate current. Built within an astonishingly short time frame, CHPP No. 1 was the most powerful state-of-the-art power plant from the Urals to the Far East at the time. CHPP No. 1 marked the start of large-scale power generation in the Angara Region and provided a foundation for the development of the energy system in Irkutsk. Turbines of CHPP No. 1 produced power required for the construction of the Irkutskaya HPP, the first power plant forming part of the Angara cascade.
In 2014 OJSC Irkutskenergo will celebrate the 60th anniversary of its establishment. The company is considered to have been founded on October 21, 1954; the first person to become head of Irkutsk Regional Power Administration was Georgy Agaev, the Director of CHPP No. 1. Therefore, CHPP No. 1 was the first power plant to form part of the Administration. On that day, an order for the incorporation of the company was signed, first appointments were made, and the communication system and the central dispatch department were established.
As of the beginning of 1955, the installed capacity of the energy system in Irkutsk totaled 215 MW. Today, OJSC Irkutskenergo is a large power and coal complex that can generate over 70 TWh of electricity and over 45 mln GCal of heat per year.
The team of OJSC Irkutskenergo will celebrate the 60th anniversary of the company’s establishment in December 2014, shortly before the Power Engineers’ Day. A celebration in honor of the company’s employees presented with anniversary awards from the Russian Ministry of Energy, the Governor of the Irkutsk Region and OJSC Irkutskenergo will be held on December 19 at the N.M. Zagursky Music Theater in Irkutsk.
Press service of OJSC Irkutskenergo
November 20, 2014