The companies of EuroSibEnergo Group are ready for the 2013-2014 heating season
As part of preparation for the 2013-2014 autumn and winter period, the companies of EuroSibEnergo Group have carried out extensive scheduled repairs to main equipment of power plants, heating networks and power grids, buildings and structures. Connection of consumers to heating networks started on September 16 and continued until the end of the month, depending on climatic conditions and schedules approved by municipal authorities. Upgrades of power generation facilities continue in order to improve their reliability, reduce the accident rate and ensure steady heat and electricity supply to consumers.
• In accordance with the 2013 repairs program at OJSC Irkutskenergo’s enterprises, repairs and upgrades of 54 boiler units, 27 turbine units and nine hydroelectric units continue; besides, the Company plans to replace over 900 tons of steel constructions. The Company has allocated about RUB 5 bln for repairing main and auxiliary equipment, heating networks, buildings and structures. As of September 30, 2013, fuel inventories at OJSC Irkutskenergo’s CHPPs totaled 3,551.1 thousand tons of coal and 5,783 tons of fuel oil.
• At the Krasnoyarskaya HPP, major and current repairs have been carried out to hydroelectric units, power transformers, 220 kV and 500 kV switchgear equipment in accordance with the schedule. Repairs to buildings and hydraulic structures included repairing heating systems, testing fire hydrants, insulating wells and preparing communication cables.
• At the Avtozavodskaya CHPP (Nizhny Novgorod), repairs have been carried out to seven turbine units, electric motors, power transformers and two fuel oil tanks, the hot water supply system, a water make-up unit within the heating network, pumps, heaters, pipelines and valves. To operate at low temperatures, the necessary amount of materials and instruments has been supplied to the Avtozavodskaya CHPP; besides, fuel oil facilities of the plant have been prepared for accepting and unloading raw materials. This year, RUB 214 mln has been allocated for repairs at the Avtozavodskaya CHPP, which fully complies with the plan approved earlier.
• At OJSC EnSer (Miass), major repairs have been carried out to turbine equipment, power and water-heating boilers, and furnace wall tubes and shut-off valves have been partially replaced. Besides, a deaerator, pumping and auxiliary equipment have been repaired. Burners of boiler No.5 have been renovated, and works continue to restore the electricity-generating capacity of turbine unit No.1. A new steam turbine will be put into operation as early as the coming winter. It will enable additional generation of up to 50 GWh of electricity per year.
• As for Sayanogorsk Heating Networks, a separate subdivision of CJSC Baikalenergo (a subsidiary of OJSC Irkutskenergo), major overhauls and current repairs have been completed at water supply and wastewater disposal facilities in Sayanogorsk, Maina, and Cheryomushki. Over one kilometer of heating networks and over 600 meters of water supply pipelines have been repaired. The company’s coal inventories comply with requirements and amount to 4.162 thousand tons. The company continues to implement a large-scale technological project aimed at constructing a 500-meter heating pipeline connecting two electric boiler houses in Cheryomushki. This will effectively prevent accidents related to utilities during the heating season.
Currently, representatives of the above mentioned companies and other enterprises of the Group participate in inspections conducted jointly with representatives of the EMERCOM of Russia, the Federal Service for Ecological, Technological and Nuclear Supervision (Rostekhnadzor), as well as local and regional authorities. Based on the results of the inspections, certificates of readiness for the 2013-2014 autumn and winter period will be issued in October.
Press service of OJSC EuroSibEnergo
October 03, 2013