Notification of an EGM of Shareholders of OJSC Irkutskenergo on October 8, 2013
NOTIFICATION of an extraordinary General Meeting of Shareholders of OJSC Irkutskenergo
Irkutsk Joint-Stock Company of Energetics and Electrification (OJSC Irkutskenergo) (hereinafter the Company), located at: 3 Sukhe-Batora Street, Irkutsk, Irkutsk Region, 664025, Russia, informs you of an extraordinary General Meeting of Shareholders of OJSC Irkutskenergo (hereinafter the Meeting of Shareholders) to be held in the form of meeting (joint presence of the shareholders to discuss the agenda items and make decisions on issues put to the vote) on October 8, 2013 at: 279 Baikalskaya Street, Irkutsk, Baikal Business Centre. The meeting starts at 12.00.
The mailing address at which the filled-in ballot shall be sent is: OJSC Registrar R.O.S.T., POB 9, 18 Stromynka Street, Moscow 107996, Russia.
The registration of shareholders participating in the Meeting of Shareholders will take place at the meeting venue. The registration starts at 10.30. The registration ends after the end of discussion on the last agenda item of the Meeting of Shareholders for which the quorum is present. The list of persons entitled to participate in the Meeting of Shareholders is based on the Company’s shareholder register as of July 18, 2013.
1. Terminating the authority of the Board of Directors of OJSC Irkutskenergo.
2. Electing the Board of Directors of OJSC Irkutskenergo.
In order to register for and participate in the Meeting of Shareholders the shareholders and their representatives shall bring the ballots received by mail and identity documents. The shareholders’ representatives shall also bring the proxy note for participating in the Meeting of Shareholders; the persons entitled to act in the capacity of the legal entity without power of attorney shall bring the documents confirming their appointment (election) to the position entitling them to act in this capacity.
The shareholder proxy notice shall conform to the requirements of Article 57 of the Federal Law on Joint-Stock Companies, and Items 4 and 5, Article 185 of the Russian Civil Code, or be notarised. The proxy notice shall include the date of issue, data on the representative and the represented person (full name, address of residence or location, ID details: number of passport, date and place of issue, issuing authority), the scope of authority delegated and the signature of the person issuing the proxy (the represented person).
Under Article 60 of the Federal Law on Joint-Stock Companies, the Company’s shareholders (their representatives) have the right to participate in the Meeting of Shareholders or send the filled-in ballots to the Company by mail at: OJSC Registrar R.O.S.T., POB 9, 18 Stromynka Street, Moscow 107996, Russia. In determining the quorum and voting results, the Company shall consider only the votes represented by ballots received no later than October 5, 2013. In accordance with the Federal Law on Joint-Stock Companies, the ballot shall be sent to you no later than 20 days prior to the Meeting of Shareholders.
Individual shareholders’ ballots shall be signed by the shareholder personally. In case the ballots are signed:
• by the shareholder’s proxy – the ballot shall include the last name and the initials of the proxy, details of the proxy notice (number (if applicable), date of issue, issuer); the proxy notice for voting, executed as specified below, or its duly authorised copy, shall be appended to the ballot;
• by the legal representative of an individual shareholder – the ballot shall include the last name and the initials of the legal representative; notarised copies of the documents under which the legal representative acts shall be appended to the ballot;
• by the head of a legal entity – the ballot shall include the last name, the initials and the position of the signer; duly authorised copies of documents confirming appointment (election) of the signer to the position entitling him/her to act in the capacity of the legal entity without power of attorney, shall be appended to the ballot.
As the meeting agenda includes electing the Board of Directors, the Company’s shareholders owning a total of no less than 2 (two) percent of the voting shares have the right to nominate candidates to be elected to the Board of Directors (no more than 11 candidates) by submitting the relevant proposals to the Company containing the following information on each of the candidates: full name, position, ID details, information on whether the candidate has given written consent to being nominated. The proposals shall be submitted to the Company no later than September 7, 2013. The Company shall consider only those candidates who have been nominated in accordance with the requirements set out in the Federal Law on Joint-Stock Companies, the Company’s Charter and this Notification.
Information (materials) to be provided to the persons entitled to participate in the Company’s Meeting of Shareholders in the course of its preparation is available to the shareholders (their representatives) starting from September 17, 2013 on business days from 09.30 to 16.00 local time at:
- the Corporate governance department, 3 Sukhe-Batora Street, Irkutsk, tel.: (3952) 790-915, 790-336, 790-359, 790-515, 790-738, 790-586;
- OJSC Irkutskenergo’s corporate website at www.irkutskenergo.ru.
OJSC Irkutskenergo Board of Directors
October 07, 2013